Scheduled Air Travel for Affinity Groups
Why Choose a Consolidator?
What You Should Know Before Working With An Airline Ticket Wholesaler Or Consolidator
- How do I benefit from working with a consolidator?
A consolidator can get you the best ticket prices. As a result, you will be happy with the service provided and will continue to buy from Corporate Cruise Consultants.
- Consolidators and wholesalers seem to come and go quickly. How do I know that I am dealing with a reputable vendor?
This is a very important point to consider. Many consolidators are in business for only a short period of time, and then they disappear. We recommend that you work with a consolidator who has been providing uninterrupted service
as a consolidator for at least ten years. Reputable consolidators accept all major credit cards, not just checks.
A good consolidator agency stands behind their products and services. If a problem occurs (and sometimes that does happen), a good consolidator will do everything in their power to fix it.
- Why do consolidators and wholesalers prefer that I pay with a credit card? Sometimes it would be easier if I could pay by check.
Actually, it is in your best interest that you pay with a credit card. The credit card company protects you from loss because they will refund your money quickly if, for some reason, you need to cancel the ticket. That way, you don’t have to spend your time dealing with the consolidator’s accounting department.
Paying with a check is fine if that is what you prefer. However, if a consolidator does not give you the option of paying with major credit cards, you may want to proceed cautiously.
- Isn’t it easier if I just purchase directly from the airlines?
You can purchase directly from the airlines. However, it may not be in your best interest to do so. Consider the following:
- Airlines have fares that they don’t publish, even to travel agents. Good consolidators have solid relationships with the airlines and can locate those fares for you.
- Sometimes the airline will tell you that no seats are available. Good consolidators can occasionally clear space.
- If your you have a complicated itinerary, an experienced ticketing specialist can quote the ticket in a way that assures that you will secure the best price and the best options available.
Compiling itineraries for around-the-world, circle pacific, or other multiple-segment tickets requires significant expertise. Knowing how to purchase a ticket that you are pleased with should be the main focus of the airline ticket consolidator.